Understanding the Risks and Effects
The trend of inhaling e-cigarettes or vaping is becoming popular as an excellent alternative to smoking. Many smokers switch to vaping to quit smoking. This tremendous change in the market is due to the multiple benefits of vaping over smoking. Firstly, it is less costly since you only need a rechargeable device. Moreover, unlike cigarettes, vaping also offers consumers multiple flavors. Finally, people find it the best alternative to eliminate tobacco and cigarette smoking.
Almost two decades ago, people were severely addicted to tobacco-containing cigarettes due to a lack of guidance and facilities. This resulted in nearly 5 million deaths in 2000 due to smoking. Nowadays, however, nicotine addiction is swiftly increasing. Those who were once addicted to tobacco are now inhaling nicotine vapors. Although nicotine is less disastrous than tobacco, its regular consumption among youngsters dramatically increases daily, and the ratio of its consumption among middle and high schools is alarming.
25 Packs Smoking Deluxe Ultra FIne King Size Rolling Papers. A world best seller. Ultra Thin, slow-burning paper. Contains 33 leaves, Smoking¨ watermarked. 100% natural vegetable gum, with no colourings or other additives.
- Quit smoking with power of Ayurveda: In the emotional aspect of giving up smoking, An herb-based cigarette
- Tobacco Free, Nicotine Free, Addition Free
- Get over the nicotine addiction with style, good taste and all natural herbs
- 1 packet – 100 Gram / 3.5 Oz
- Made In India Product
All tobacco-containing products are occupied with the presence of nicotine, including cigarettes, cigars, and hookahs. However, e-cigarettes reduce almost 70% of other chemicals that come with tobacco and harm the human body. Nevertheless, nicotine is always present whether you are using a cigarette or vaping.
The nicotine liquid present in the vape, along with flavors, is burned so that consumers can inhale it in the form of nicotine vapors. Nicotine consumption affects brain function directly, and a person craves it regularly. It becomes too difficult for them to step back. The more nicotine you consume, the more dopamine is generated, enhancing the pleasant sensation and leading to addiction. When you try to withdraw from this addiction, your mental health will become unstable, and you might face depression, anxiety, and stress.
Symptoms of Nicotine Addiction:
If you become too dependent on nicotine or e-cigarette consumption, your body might display the following symptoms:
- Quitting vaping or e-cigarettes will become complex and problematic with time. And you will inhale it undesirably and allegedly.
- You will face sudden mood swings like anger issues, depression, anxiety, frustration, irritability, restlessness, insomnia, etc.
- Your appetite will increase, and you will feel frequent hunger.
- You will be depressed enough to isolate yourself and leave social activities.
Research on Effects of E-Cigarettes on Health
Addiction to nicotine or vaping can affect your health as badly as smoking can. Many researchers consider vaping more harmful due to its increased popularity among the youth, especially those younger than eighteen. According to research, almost 5 million middle and high school students consumed e-cigarettes in 2017, and the statistics seem to be increasing yearly. Here are the most common health risks one can be exposed to after nicotine dependency.
Cardiovascular Effects of E-Cigarettes:
According to Matthew L. Springer, Ph.D., a professor of medicine in the Division of Cardiology at the University of California in San Francisco, a chronic e-cigarette user, like a regular smoker, contains impaired blood vessel functioning that leads to cardiovascular diseases. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) concluded the same, which states that prolonged use of e-cigarettes leads to heart diseases. Additionally, NHLBI says that e-cigarettes and cigarette consumption will influence a person’s health more than consuming either alone.
Effects of E-Cigarettes on Mental Health:
Due to the presence of an intense amount of nicotine in the vape alters the working of synapses, so a person’s working and learning capabilities are affected badly. That’s why students involved in chronic e-cigarette consumption become too bad at learning their lessons.
Another drastic impact of vaping is mood disorders which are becoming quite popular among youth. Restlessness, anger issues, and irritability are the common impacts of massive nicotine addiction.
Treatment for Nicotine Addiction:
If you want to get rid of nicotine dependency, you are not alone, as many people worldwide are trying their best to do so. However, complete guidance and therapy are required in this regard. You should consult your doctor; that will play perfectly with your psyche so that you entirely eliminate nicotine dependency quickly. You can also do this on your own by following the below-mentioned steps:
Know the importance of quitting vaping:
Try to motivate yourself by knowing the disadvantages of consuming vape. Ask yourself why you are so indulged in this activity. Ask why you are wasting your time and strength in consuming vape.
These questions will provide you with a sense of thrill and enthusiasm that will help you in the future to take certain measures to stop vaping completely. Also, please read about the disadvantages of vaping on one’s mental and physical health.
Commit to yourself:
Always start with reducing the amount of nicotine you are taking per day. Try to do this slowly and consistently. You cannot do this at once as you have been addicted to nicotine consumption for many years.
Also, take certain measures that reduce the need for dopamine inside your brain. Specific natural diets and exercises help you to do so.
Know about the challenges you might face:
You might crave smoking e-cigarettes in your friend circle, and this sensation will hit you in a particular place where you used to vape. So, it’s better not to go to that place for a specific time until you get rid of this addiction.
Imagine a vape-free life.
Whenever your body demands a vape puff, imagine a better, healthier, and risk-free life without vaping. Imagine a life with no mood swings, anxiety, depression, and restlessness, but instead, full of happiness and joy. And that can only come through independence from vaping and nicotine addiction. This will help you understand the importance of avoiding vaping.
6 debunked myths about e-cigarettes:
Multiple rumors and myths revolving around e-cigarettes need to be addressed. To avoid these myths, you need keen knowledge. Here are some common myths regarding vaping or e-cigarettes.
- Vape flavor is harmless like simple water: About 99 percent of vapes sold in US stores in 2023 contain a high nicotine level in addition to their flavors. Moreover, it is not nicotine that damages the internal metabolism of the human body. Still, the chemicals that companies use to make flavors are toxic to one’s health as they badly damage the lungs. The most common and popular flavors among youngsters are chocolate and banana flavors, which have high levels of chemicals that damage the lungs.
- Vape is as harmful as smoking cigarettes: The side effects of vaping are not completely known yet. Nevertheless, researchers claim that vaping has 50 percent fewer toxic chemicals than cigarette tobacco. While many people consider vaping as harmful as cigarettes, it is untrue. According to research, vaping can cause fewer diseases than cigarette smoking.
- Vaporizers do not contain nicotine: People consider vaping as smoke with flavor, which is entirely wrong. The vaping liquid contains nicotine, which, when heated, vaporizes and is inhaled by vape consumers. Despite flavoring chemicals, vape liquid includes a sufficient amount of nicotine.
- Vaping is relaxing and deals with stress: Nicotine and tobacco addiction are worse for your mental health. A vape consumer always deals with stress, depression, insomnia, and anxiety. Vape consumers always try to get rid of this nicotine addiction, but their desires urge them to inhale it regularly.
- Vaping is more expensive than cigarette smoking: A single vape appears to be costly as compared to a single cigarette, yet a single vape pen can satisfy your smoking desires many times on recharging it. So, a vape, along with e-liquid, costs less than a cigarette carton.
- Vape only affects mental health: Your brain is not the only organ that becomes damaged after prolonged nicotine consumption. However, the lungs and blood vessels are also equally vulnerable to nicotine. Sometimes, prolonged inhaled nicotine can cause cardiovascular diseases in smokers.
E-cigarettes and the Environment:
- Advanced electric cigarette injector
- Enhanced features for precision
- Effortless and efficient cigarette making
The vaping industry may pose a significant environmental threat in the upcoming years due to its non-degradable products. Firstly, the primary environmental hazard, in this case, is disposable vapes made of plastic, which is entirely non-degradable. You cannot dispose of this plastic as burning it generates carbon monoxide, which is unfriendly to the environment. Secondly, the lithium-ion battery in vapes is a disaster for the environment. When disposed of, it leaches toxic chemicals after degradation. These chemicals penetrate the soil and negatively affect it.
Researchers and environmentalists have noticed a massive environmental threat since 2015 when e-cigarette sales increased by 399.73%.
E-cigarette as an Alternative Way to Quit Smoking:
In 2022, many cigarette smokers in the US switched from cigarette smoking to vaping to quit. Of the almost 30 percent, almost wholly quit smoking and vaping. However, 60 percent continued vaping and altogether quit cigarette smoking.
Both vaping and cigarettes are harmful to one’s health. However, tobacco contains more toxic chemicals than vaping. Moreover, using a vape, you can customize the nicotine strength in e-liquid, reducing your dependency on nicotine. Nevertheless, to reap the full benefits of quitting nicotine, you must quit smoking entirely.
Statistical analysis tells us that almost 480,000 deaths occur each year due to smoking. However, in February 2020, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported 2807 cases of e-cigarette use, of which 68 people died. You can, therefore, imagine the significant difference in fatalities between cigarette smokers and vape consumers.
Personal Story of Nicotine Addiction and E-cigarette Use:
- Metal cigarette roller box
- Automatic rolling mechanism
- Convenient for rolling cigarettes
After summarizing all the facts regarding e-cigarette use, I would like to share my experience of switching from cigarette smoking to vaping and frequently inhaling zero nicotine.
When I was 15 or 16, I spent most of my time with friends addicted to nicotine and tobacco. Due to their company, I started smoking. However, I was aware of its dangers and was determined to quit within almost a year. I studied and found vaping the best and less toxic alternative to cigarette smoking. I customized my vape and started inhaling less nicotine in e-vapors. It took me five to six months, but I worked on myself and quit smoking and nicotine addiction as my life was tough, and my mental health was unstable due to my significant nicotine intake.
Are e-cigarettes a safer alternative to smoking for pregnant women?
Although e-liquid aerosol contains fewer toxic chemicals, it is still harmful to pregnant women as nicotine can damage the lungs and the developing brain cells of the baby.
How can I quit using e-cigarettes?
Here are five tips to avoid vape consumption and nicotine addiction:
- Go to the gym and work out daily.
- Distract yourself from thoughts of vape consumption.
- Eat a natural and healthy diet.
- Find stress solutions.
- Celebrate your achievement of avoiding nicotine addiction.
Are e-cigarettes less harmful than traditional cigarettes?
The overall chemicals present in e-cigarettes are still unknown. However, according to researchers, cigarettes contain 70,000 more chemicals compared to vapes because e-liquids do not contain tobacco. Nevertheless, it is still not considered safe for your health.
Here, we tried our best to provide the best methods to quit nicotine. Keeping today’s youth in mind, the article has concluded all the facts regarding e-cigarettes and nicotine addiction. Moreover, the article highlights the various dangers of tobacco and nicotine consumption, which will help you quit altogether. We hope this will help you stabilize your mental health. Please share your personal story of quitting nicotine addiction and share this article with your friends to benefit from it.